Merrill Science Center

Merrill Science Center is named for Charles E. Merrill of the class of 1908, who was a frequent donor to the college throughout his life. Ground was broken on the building in the fall of 1966, and construction was completed in 1968. The $7 million building was designed by Campbell, Aldrich and Nulty of Boston (Archives and Special Collections, Buildings & Grounds Collection, box 12, folder 63). It houses a number of labs and classrooms, as well as three large lecture halls. (Photo taken 12 October 2001).

An art display on Merrill Beach, a large open area on Merrill's second floor popular for holding classes and watching sporting events on Hitchcock and Memorial Fields in good weather. (Photo taken in the Fall of 1991).

View these other Amherstiana items featuring the Merrill Science Center:

Hitchcock Field Panorama
Amherst Vehicles: Newer white box van

©1998-2002 Brian T. Meacham