Central Heating Plant

President King describes the process of replacing the College's twelve heating plants (serving sixteen buildings) in "The Consecrated Eminence." The plant was built in 1924-25 at the cost of $150,000, half of which was provided by George D. Pratt. The building was designed by McKim, Mead, and White (King, 173-74). The plant is located in between the Physical Plant building and the Social Dorms.
©1998-2002 Brian T. Meacham