Walker Hall

Walker Hall was for many years the home to Amherst's departments of Math, Astronomy, and Natural Philosophy. It was built in 1870 and gutted by fire twelve years later. It was rebuilt in 1883, but then razed in 1961 to make way for
Frost Library (King, 314-15).

Image below from Sunlight Pictures.

View these other Amherstiana items featuring Walker Hall:

The G.L. Nichols Collection: Walker Hall
Walker Stereoview
Walker Stereoview II
Walker Ruins Stereoview
College from North-East Stereoview
Class Day 1891 Program

©1998-2002 Brian T. Meacham