College Hall

College Hall began its life as the Meeting House of the First Parish, built in 1828-29, with the help of donated land from the College in return for the right to hold the College's Commencement ceremonies and other functions there (King, 314-15). The College finally purchased the building in 1867, and it was remodeled and rededicated in 1905.


View these other Amherstiana items featuring College Hall:

College Hall Stereoview
From College Tower Looking NW Stereoview
View of Amherst Stereoview
Amherst (Mass) From Walker House Photo
President's House and College Library Stereoview
The G. L. Nichols Collection: College Hall Photo (bottom right)

©1998-2002 Brian T. Meacham